Monday, November 3, 2014

First Week in New Jersey

Sister Williams and Sister Cobb


Hello!
New Jersey is BEAUTIFUL. The fall leaves are absolutely gorgeous, although it's already starting to get really cold. 

I thought my departure date from the MTC was on Wednesday (Oct 29), but the elders from the New Jersey district surprised me when they told me only three days before that we were leaving Monday. Had to get up at 4 a.m. to get to the airport. I miss my district so much, but it's still great out here.

So we flew out to New Jersey and spent the night at the mission home. There were a lot of other sisters there that had flown in from the Mexico MTC. I was the only English sister there. The next day we had a lot of meetings and then we were assigned companions and areas!

My companion's name is Sister Cobb and she is the best trainer in the world. She's from Arizona and has been out for four months. Our area is Eatontown South so we are at the very bottom of our mission. Our area covers the coast (everyone here calls it the shore) so we get to contact on the boardwalk sometimes. 

We actually got the night off for Halloween this week because Pres. Taggart didn't want us outside after 6. So we carved pumpkins and made caramel apples. A less active member we visited also gave us a huge bag of candy:)

I love the people here. Everybody talks A LOT. We've visited so many people and handed out so many pamphlets. On Saturday, Sister Cobb had the impression that we needed to go visit a former investigator and commit her to baptism. We did and she accepted! Her baptismal date is November 23rd. She said she was so glad we came by because this was just what she needed. 

I feel like I've been here forever even though it hasn't even been a week, but I love it so much:)

Sister Williams







No comments:

Post a Comment