Monday, November 24, 2014

Surprise exchanges and new investigator


Hello:)

We had surprise exchanges this week. It was pretty much just a sleepover. On Friday the Sister Training Leaders came to our apartment and we switched companions. I was with Sister Shimon. She has been out for 9 months and was really fun. I learned a lot from her. I went to her area with her and we taught a few lessons that night. The only problem is that now I want to keep teaching those investigators, but they're not in my area! 

Sister Cobb and I have a new investigator though. We met her while contacting on the boardwalk and she had lots of questions for us. This week we taught her about the Restoration. The lesson was a little scattered because she asked so many different questions, but the Spirit was very strong. I'm starting to really love teaching. 

We also went to specialized training this week. It was for all the new missionaries who had come in 3 weeks ago. It was really fun to see all the sisters I came out with. I still don't know them very well because we were only together for a day, but it was nice to see familiar faces. 

I'm excited for Thanksgiving this week. Apparently missionaries just accept every invitation to dinner and go to all of them. We had a small thanksgiving dinner yesterday at a member's house. She'd been talking to us for weeks about a new ham recipe she was going to try. It was funny how excited she was about it. 

It still hasn't snowed and I still love New Jersey!

Sister Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment